In this class, you will take your treasured photo and use an app to transform it into an artsy stylized likeness.
This makes it much easier to work from, for it breaks down the colors you will be using.
I will guide you through the process of creating a pattern to transfer your image.
Using a needle felting technique, you will add layers of wool, and add silk and viscose to give shine and more texture.
Wet felting the piece will finish off your heirloom, making it long-lasting and ready to frame.
● Instruction on how to change your chosen photograph in an artful way to achieve an inspirational starting point to your stylized felted portrait.
● Supply list along with supplies video to describe everything you will need to create your stylized felted portrait
● Learn to transfer your image onto a suitable base for your portrait and create a grid pattern for easier proportions
● Learn to lay an initial base of wool and then add a second layer to create more detail
● Wet felting is the next step to making lasting artwork that can be passed down from generation to generation
● Learn to needle felt in the fine details to finish your felted masterpiece
● Finishing touches and framing your artwork will conclude the lesson
Private Facebook Course Page
“People have said that I am a patient teacher when showing the multiple ways working with wool. I love to see someone who has never felted before and finish a project. The glow on their face makes it so worthwhile. There are so many ways to create beautiful Fiber-art from wool, silk, soap and water. I also love to find found objects and cover them in the wool or use them to sculpt.“
Deb Koesters loves the spontaneity, suspense, and surprise of felting and dyeing .” You never know exactly what you’re going to get.”